JOB TITLE: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
COMPENSATION: FULL-TIME SALARY NEGOTIABLE BASED ON EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
BENEFITS: AS OUTLINED IN THE PERSONNEL MANUAL
HOURS: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM – MONDAY – FRIDAY; NIGHTS AND WEEKENDS AS SITUATION REQUIRES
REPORTS TO: BOARD OF DIRECTORS
SUMMARY: Oversees all tourism programs of the Bureau including sales, marketing, public relations and visitor services. Implement programs designed to promote and attract tourists, visitors, groups, conventions and related activities. Responsible for the direction of all Film Commission duties.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage Greenwood Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB) staff – Manage the day-to-day operations of the Greenwood CVB, including development, creation, management, and placement of all content as it relates to tourism and marketing for the organization and local events; handle multiple projects simultaneously; develop and implement annual budget and marketing plans; assist all staff with communicating the organization’s values, vision, and direction; plan and recommend policies and programs to achieve CVB goals; oversee the development of all marketing materials, including collateral and marketing pieces.
- Promote the city of Greenwood as a travel destination; support and welcome tour groups by providing visitor and community information as appropriate; oversee all activities involving the marketing of film production.
- Develop strategic marketing plans for the city including media schedules, travel schedules, public relations plans and sales plans; help develop a strategic plan to define the organization and sets the organization-wide future goals.
- Coordinate and formulate the agenda for monthly Board of Directors meetings with board chair of the CVB; record and maintain the minutes for monthly meetings; plan and recommend programs to achieve the goals of the CVB and keep board members informed on regional and national programs that are applicable to tourism in our community.
- Work closely with the Board of Directors, accountant and Business/Office Manager to ensure a fiscally sound operation; develop and implement annual budget and marketing plans; assist all staff with communicating the organization’s values, vision, and direction.
- Represent the city within the Tourism Industry by actively engaging in associations and attending appropriate trade shows and functions.
- Oversee all sales efforts including domestic, international, leisure, meetings and sales.
- Work with local government (City and County) officials to keep them aware of the tourism industry and its impact on the community, and with legislators to keep them aware of the tourism industry and its impact on the community.
- Work with the Mississippi Development Authority’s Tourism Division to promote conventions, tourism, FAM tours and general tourism in the city and in the state of Mississippi as a whole.
- Serve as the official spokesperson for the CVB for any media inquiries and work to develop a positive relationship with local and statewide media.
- Serve as a liaison for hoteliers and industry partners – Maintain communications with the local tourism industry (hotels, restaurants, museums, festivals, bike rallies, athletic events, etc.) and assist as necessary and reasonable. Coordinate and participate in educational/hospitality training seminars for industry-related employees. Work closely with all local partners including but not limited to the Greenwood Chamber of Commerce, Mississippi Valley State University, the Museum of the Mississippi Delta, the Main Street Association, and other community development organizations. Participate and actively engage in matching local, state, and federal grant programs by writing and developing grant proposals for projects that promote our city and our county.
- Represent the CVB within the Greenwood community.
- Be knowledgeable about Greenwood, our area, state and region
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
- Experience in the hospitality/tourism industry preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- General knowledge of computers and other office equipment
- Ability to relate positively with employees, board members, clients, local and state hospitality partners as well as local, county and state officials
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Ability to travel on behalf of the CVB
- Ability to make individual and group presentations
- Ability to exercise judgment, initiative, tact and diplomacy in a wide variety of public situations.
- Ability to think analytically and critically.
- Possess strong facilitation and training skills.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups.
The Greenwood CVB Board of Directors reserves the right to modify any and all job descriptions based upon the needs of the Bureau.
To apply, please email your resume with three references, along with two letters of recommendation in pdf format, to Resume@visitgreenwood.com. The deadline to apply is September 10.